Kangerlussuaq Airport OverviewKangerlussuaq Airport (Airport code: SFJ/BGSF) is the largest airport in Greenland. It is located in Kangerlussuaq, Greenland, on the west coast of the island. Kangerlussuaq Airport Travel more than 100,000 passengers per year. The airport is served by several airlines including Air Greenland, Air Iceland and Iceland air.
Kangerlussuaq Airport open was officially opened in 1941 and for civilians 1992.
TerminalsKangerlussuaq Airport has one passenger terminal serving all Airlines.
• Security checkpoint
• Baggage claim area
• Passport control
• Information desk
• Currency exchange bureau
Kangerlussuaq GreenlandKangerlussuaq is a small village in Greenland, located on the coast of the Davis Strait. Kangerlussuaq is a major hub for Air Greenland and the United States Air Force. Kangerlussuaq is a popular destination for tourists, who come to see the glaciers, icebergs, and other natural wonders of Greenland.
The most popular attraction in Kangerlussuaq is Icefjord, Greenland Ice Sheet, Muskoxen, Northern Lights and Dog Sledding.
Where can you fly to from Kangerlussuaq Airport?The airport connects travelers to various destinations within Greenland and, to a more limited extent, to international destinations and Domestic.
The most popular destinations from Kangerlussuaq Airport are:
Kangerlussuaq Airport near by airportNearest airport to Kangerlussuaq Airport (SFJ) there are three Airports close to nearby (100 miles) to the west.
Other nearby airports:
|Aasiaat Airport (JEG)||Maniitsoq Airport (MQF)||Ilulissat Airport (JAV)|
Flight to Kangerlussuaq AirportStart your Trip Flight to Kangerlussuaq Airport is the primary International Airport in Greenland. There are no direct flights from most major cities, but there are connecting flights from Copenhagen, Iceland, and some other cities. The best time to book your flights to Kangerlussuaq Airport depends on your travel plans. Book Flight tickets in Advance, However, if you are flexible with your travel dates, you may be able to find cheaper flights.
International flights to Kangerlussuaq Airport are currently only available from Europe. Air Greenland offers direct flights to Kangerlussuaq Airport from Copenhagen, Denmark; Billund, Denmark; and Stavanger, Norway.
There are some international flights to Kangerlussuaq Airport:• Copenhagen, Denmark (Copenhagen Airport - Kastrup - CPH)
• Reykjavik, Iceland
• North American Routes
Kangerlussuaq Airport Flights DealsThere are a number of ways to find the best deals on international flights to Kangerlussuaq Airport.
• Be flexible with your travel dates. If you can fly during the off-season or on weekdays, you are more likely to find cheaper fares.
• Consider flying into a nearby airport, such as Sisimiut Airport or Ilulissat Airport, and then taking a bus or taxi to Kangerlussuaq.
• Use a flight search engine, such as Google Flights or Skyscanner, to compare prices from different airlines and travel agents.
• Sign up for email alerts from airlines and travel websites so you can be notified when there are sales or special promotions.
Security Check-upKangerlussuaq Airport has a good security system in place to ensure the safety of passengers and staff. You will need to pass through a security checkpoint before you can board your flight.
Here is a step-by-step guide to the security check-up process at Kangerlussuaq Airport:
• Prepare your belongings. Remove your shoes, belt, jacket, and any other metal objects from your person.
• Place your carry-on luggage in the X-ray machine.
• Walk through the metal detector.
• Collect your belongings.
Lost & FoundIf you have lost an item at Kangerlussuaq Airport, you can report it to the Lost and Found by visiting the office in person. Calling +49 (0)7541 2840 It is open during regular airport hours, from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
Provide the following information:
• Your name and contact information
• A description of the lost item
• Date and Time
AttractionsKangerlussuaq Airport is a small airport, but it does offer a few attractions for passengers to enjoy. There are also a number of attractions located nearby that passengers can access by taxi or bus.
Some of these attractions include:
• Greenland Ice Sheet: The Greenland Ice Sheet is the second largest ice sheet in the world, after the Antarctic Ice Sheet.
• Russell Glacier: The Russell Glacier is one of the most active glaciers in Greenland. Visitors can take boat tours of the glacier or hike to the glacier front.
• Muskoxen: Muskoxen are large, Arctic mammals that are native to Greenland.
• Northern Lights: Kangerlussuaq is a great place to see the Northern Lights, which are a natural light display that is caused by the interaction of charged particles from the sun with the Earth's atmosphere.
TransportationThere are a number of transportation options available to and from Kangerlussuaq Airport.
• Taxis and airport transfer services are recommended for late-night or early-morning arrivals.
• Book your bus in advance Check the bus schedule in advance.
• Hotels and resorts in the Lake Constance region offer private transfer services to and from Kangerlussuaq Airport.